Thanks to its know-how, W.T.E. was selected to deliver the study of the new control system of the existing sludge drying plant to improve safety procedure switching from originally manual operation to an automatic one.
W.T.E. also provided the related HAZOP through process analysis and management interviews.
Basing on a suitable mathematical model, automation procedures were simulated in order to control and monitor:
- Fumes recirculation fan;
- Scrubber cooling system with indication of the fouling trend in the heat exchanger;
- Consumption of drying drum motor;
- Capacity of sludge.
Concerning water treatment, the activity realised also included :
- engineering of P&IDs;
- Study of the automation logic of the sludge dewatering centrifuge washing;
- Study of the automation logic of the cooling system;
- Editing of the new logics and their integration into existing documents.