The automated process control system has a major importance in optimizing the performance of a cogeneration plant.
Based on a deep knowledge of processes, we design control systems ensuring the full efficiency and affectiveness of operations.
We are particularly expert in the design of combustion control systems, allowing a full optimization of the process in all its details.
We understand that operators have to focus on process control, instead on the understanding systems interfaces; for this reason we design optimized systems interfaces.
And we are always with you, supporting the management, the operators and the maintenance personnel both on site and in remote.
WTE can design and realize process control systems for new plants or modify those of existing ones.
The systems, depending on the needs and complexity of the situation, are based on:
- single loop architectures
- cascade architectures
- complex control structures
- state machines
Logics are represented with descriptive diagrams and flow control diagrams.
To reduce to a minimum the commissioning phase, speed up the calibration and fine tuning of equipment and machines, we use software simulators of the values from the different sensors.
The regulation and control of the combustion process plays a significant role, ensuring the efficiency of operations, the right answer of the plant face to periodical or instant variations in the characteristics of materials employed as fuel, and the compliance to regulations over emission limits.
The major advantages from a properly designed combustion control system are:
- Stability of plant performances
- Higher efficiency of the process
- Correct answer to the seasonal variability of fuel characteristics (a typical aspect in EfW and biomass plants)
- Possibility of using materials with a lower energy content
- Reduced tear and wear of machines and equipment
- Reduced generation of pollutants in flue gas
- Compliance to law and regulations
While designing our control systems, we put a major emphasis on ergonomics details.
A particular attention is paid to the design and optimization of the graphic interface.
By consequence, the operator can:
- achieve a deeper understanding of the process, instead of paying excessive attention to single parameters
- focus on a better control the process
- figure out the way to react in the most efficient and effective ways to the arising of different situations
We ensure a continuous, sound support to the management, the operators and the maintenance personnel, by:
- Periodic visits
- On demand, punctual assistance to operators
- Virtual Private Network connection with the Control Room
- Remote tuning of regulation loops
- Analysis of plant performances
- Real time verification of mass and energy balances
- On demand consulting over specific issues